[Updated 2020] What kind of video does your business need?
Filming an event or conference can give an incredibly lucrative return both in the short and longterm. Leveraging an event through video content starts with an in depth discussion about the purpose of the event, what attendees will get out of it, but also what you as the event organisers want to get out of it.
- Live stream keynote speakers and sell remote tickets to those who can't attend in person
- Create a dynamic, emotively fuelled highlights video to promote future events
- Showcase product demos and interactive elements of your brand engagement
- Repurpose captured content from the event for different audiences and subject areas
- Use the event as an opportunity to gain valuable testimonials about your company and its products
- Create an emotional connection by watching and hearing the excitement and sincerity of a real person on camera
- Much more engaging and more likely to be remembered than a traditional text testimonial.
- Easily capture several customer testimonials in a day with a well planned shoot
- Can be captured at events or other social occasions
- Target specific areas of your business for each testimonial
- Extract small soundbytes for easily shareable content
Take the testimonial one step further and create a video case study. Especially useful for businesses with demonstrable results for clients. When creating a video case study it's incredibly important to structure any questions carefully so that you can edit a very specific message that tells the story you need to tell about your services or products.
Who are testimonial videos good for? Everyone!
Brand awareness film
This type of video often takes the form of a 'micro documentary' - a short, story led film that the audience can identify with. The aim is to get in front of new people and say "this is our story and our values - if that aligns with your own values we could be a good fit, lets cultivate a relationship".
Awareness films should have a soft CTA, encouraging users to take an action like "follow us for more content" or "leave a comment" or similar. If you can create a conversation on social media about your video, even better!
Fund raising films
This could be achieved through an event video, or a micro-documentary similar to a brand awareness film, but with a big emphasis on the goal of raising funds for the given cause.
- Engage your customers by explaining your services via video rather than through paragraphs of text
- Take complicated concepts and break them down into simple, easy to understand videos
- Show your expertise, knowledge and confidence by going on camera and telling people what you do!
- Can be live video, animation or a mixture of the two
Can be good for most industries but most effective for IT, accounting or solicitors where viewers may not be so engaged by simply and subjects could be complicated. That connection that video creates is very important here!